Meghan Markle is busy prepping for her upcoming wedding to Prince Harry but the soon-to-be royal has had to deal with a lot of drama in the days leading up to her big moment and most of it has to do with her father, Thomas Markle.
After her half-brother pleaded with Prince Harry to call off the wedding and her and her half-sister is set to release a tell-all, Markle’s father Thomas now said he won’t walk his daughter down the aisle following a paparazzi photo scandal.
“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”
During a recent interview with TMZ, he revealed that he has had a change of heart and decided he will attend the royal wedding and intends to walk his daughter down the aisle this weekend, despite previously stating that he would skip the big event in the wake of his staged photo scandal.
“I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle,” he told the outlet. “Of course I’d walk her down the aisle. This is a historic moment. I’d like to be a part of history.”
He’s still reeling from a recent heart attack and is currently back in the hospital with chest pains and revealed doctors told him his heart was “seriously damaged” by the heart attack last week. He also insists there is no bad blood between him and his daughter and she called him on Monday to check on his condition and even sent a text message telling him she loves him.
Now, it’s up to doctors to decide if he’s clear to fly overseas to attend his daughter’s wedding.
When he was asked what Queen Elizabeth thinks about the photo controversy, he was quick to note that she likely has bigger fish to fry.
“I don’t think the queen is thinking about what I’m doing,” he said.
The post Thomas Markle says he WILL walk Meghan Markle down the aisle amid photo scandal and health scare appeared first on theGrio.
Source: Entertainment – The Grio